The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Monday, December 25, 2006

He really was President for Life!!

Saparmurat Niyazov, First President of Turkmenistan. He died on December 21 of cardiac arrest. Ironically his political party is the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, yet there was little democracy. Hopefully after his lifetime term expired, there will be an improvement in economic freedom, human rights, and some actual competition for leadership.

I doubt most people will even take much interest in this, but I always find it a bit amusing when a "President for Life" dies. I sure hope this one does and soon.

BTW, if you thought this was a Christmas post, that's a big negative. In fact, this sentence is all I will mention of Christmas, so Bah Humbug :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments