The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Relationships are a wonderful thing, which is surprising coming from a bitter old cynic like me, but maybe I am not as cynical as I used to be. According to my mother, I am a sheep when it comes to women, but she has control issues.

The blogosphere is a great way to meet people. Relationships can occur and you never know who you meet. Regardless of the dots that can be connected, they will connect. Just last week, I added a special someone to my blog team, and she is someone who means a lot to me. The funny thing is it started back in March, with a generous choice in the comments section and little did I know what would happen next.

At first she was a very nice friend who sent me a book, which I just finished today, and offered to write me. Then I finally discovered her email address and started chatting with her, though at first I was oblivious to how she felt about me, but I began to see someone who is kind, caring, and wonderful, and then once I realized how she felt about and I felt about her, I just wish I could visit her in California.

For now, I chat with her and make plans to see her on R&R leave during my deployment.

But as life can be happy at times, it can be sad for others.

Please remember and pray for Sarah's mother, Gittel Chava bat Pesia, and another good friend of mine Red Tulips just lost her stepmother, so remember and pray for her and for her father.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

sounds like u got a good thing going there.

thx for the mention.

5/29/2007 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Awww...this was the sweetest thing ever! I can't wait to see you and it's WAY PAST YOUR BED TIME SO GO TO SLEEP!

5/29/2007 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger ggggg said...

Yes, It is amazing the friends one can make- and lose- in the blogosphere!

5/30/2007 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger SemGirl said...

Tell me about it, LV...If only blogger had a feature that allowed you to go back a year or so and change things..

5/31/2007 04:34:00 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I recently found your blog...through Sara..
I'm inspired by it.

You seem to have a special Neshama..I guess one deserves another.

5/31/2007 02:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments