The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Baghdad initiation

I am now in Camp Liberty, in Baghdad, Iraq. I repeat...I am in Mesopatamia....both awe-inspiring and a little frightening, but thankfully, I am not in the worst of it.

All is well, but not perfect, as I had my true welcome, when a mortar round went off somewhere in the distance, and I went under the bunker until the all clear was sounded....I guess that means I have been initiated.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Stay safe and come home soon.

10/31/2007 02:35:00 AM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Yeah, take care in there. Hope everything was quiet after that!

10/31/2007 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger AS said...

Scary! Good Luck!

11/12/2007 04:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments