The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Sunday, July 15, 2007

8 Things you don't know about Thomas

1) Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.

2) The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.

3) At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

#1 I am a Katrina refugee. Even though I have been fortunate that my mother's condo was not severely damaged, I did flee New Orleans in the wake of Katrina and re-enlisted in the US Army....well some folks know, but I have no problem calling myself a refugee.

#2 I spent two years in Tennessee. When I first went away to College, I spent two years in CBU in Memphis, TN. I had mixed feelings baout being there and was much happier to return to New Orleans.

#3 I am still friends with my first girlfriend. Relations don't always end well, but I am still on good terms with my first girlfriend. She has a son and is teaching at a Catholic school in Jackson, Mississippi, but that's all I'm giving. She was a little surprised to learn that I am converting Judaism, but just because I used to be such a strong Catholic.

#4 I hate Christmas. Well, that may not be too big a surprise, but I have had plenty of bad Christmases growing up, so I would sooner burn a Christmas tree than have one in my home, and I make jokes about Santa being a pedophile. I was asked by a rabbi about giving up Christmas, but I told her I gave it up years ago.

#5 I am a fan of music that was popular when I was a baby. Yes, I love Disco, especially the Village People, and I'll be playing them right after Tisha B'Av ends :)

#6 I do not know how to drive. Well, I'm learning, but I do not know enough to get a license. Maybe later, but a lot of people will not teach me unless I buy a car first. I refuse to do that. I'm heading to NYC after the Army, so no great worries really.

#7 I have a dim view of cartoons today. I grew up in the eighties and nothing today can compare to the quality cartoons of the 60s-80s (and Gargoyles added in there). Some anime is great, but I'm talking American cartoons here. Well, I won't miss anything on the Sabbath then :)

#8 I am going to Iraq in a few months. Well, not that strange a fact, but up until last week, I thought I was headed towards Kuwait, but now I know I'm headed for Baghdad.

I tag Irina, Heather, Red Tulips, Laura, Jason, Damian, and David

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I don't think I'll be playing (doesn't really fit into my subject matter), but thanks!

7/15/2007 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Whoa! Iraq! Hope you stay safe.

7/15/2007 06:04:00 PM  
Blogger Sara with NO H said...

I'm glad you got to the tag...I guess I knew everything on this list already...lol.

7/17/2007 08:40:00 PM  
Blogger Sara with NO H said...

well...everything but the heading to NYC part of it...

7/17/2007 08:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey a friend of sara(h)'s here

U stay safe in Iraq, may Hashem guard u, and u come back soon safe and healthy in one piece

7/18/2007 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger BagelUndertheCouch said...

I HATE CHRISTMAS TOO! not the meaning, but the commercialization. everytime i see a santa, i want to hit him.

7/31/2007 01:13:00 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Hi Thomas. I found your blog via Sarah w/no H. Its enjoyable! Wow and your converting, what an exciting step! I wish you happiness and joy!

8/13/2007 06:11:00 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

whoa! I see your going to Iraq. May Hashem keep you safe and return you safely home.

8/13/2007 06:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments