The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Sunday, June 13, 2010

In South Carolina, a career politician was defeated by a neophyte. Now, I feel bad for Alvin Greene. Keith Olbermann gave him an interview and he performed poorly, then Keith-O mentions that Republicans can vote in the SC Democratic primary.

Democratic Majority Whip James Clyburne is calling for an investigation, and while I am curious about where he could afford the filing fee, I want to know why it costs that much money to file for the Senate. Ten grand to be a candidate is a load of pro-incumbent crap. It should cost no more than the administrative costs of being on a ballot.

Now, while I feel bad for Alvin taking the hit he did, I am also disappointed in him. He has a Bachelors in Political Science, and he should know a bit more about his positions. Now, if he is a plant, he is a good one. He won the Democratic primary, and if he won because his name was first, then shame on the Democratic voters for making that a decision. Maybe I should change my name to Albert Abignale and run for office.

I am actually reminded of another election, twelve years ago, where Patrick Leahy and his sanctimonious droning faced a joke of a challenge from Fred Tuttle.

It would be surprising if Greene beat DeMint, but Greene doesn't have a job and DeMint will have twelve years of federal pension money. At most, hopefully Greene will get a job after this affair is done. He's a veteran like me and a little younger than I am, so I hope his fortunes improve. As for the obscenity charge, you're on your own.



Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to read this link before believing what Ms. Schlussel has to say about anything.

6/16/2010 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

Thank you, though the link may be more apt with the post before this one.

6/20/2010 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

Oops. I checked the date of the post. Pretty insightful that you reached me back when it all began.

6/21/2010 05:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments