The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Sunday, June 13, 2010

In South Carolina, a career politician was defeated by a neophyte. Now, I feel bad for Alvin Greene. Keith Olbermann gave him an interview and he performed poorly, then Keith-O mentions that Republicans can vote in the SC Democratic primary.

Democratic Majority Whip James Clyburne is calling for an investigation, and while I am curious about where he could afford the filing fee, I want to know why it costs that much money to file for the Senate. Ten grand to be a candidate is a load of pro-incumbent crap. It should cost no more than the administrative costs of being on a ballot.

Now, while I feel bad for Alvin taking the hit he did, I am also disappointed in him. He has a Bachelors in Political Science, and he should know a bit more about his positions. Now, if he is a plant, he is a good one. He won the Democratic primary, and if he won because his name was first, then shame on the Democratic voters for making that a decision. Maybe I should change my name to Albert Abignale and run for office.

I am actually reminded of another election, twelve years ago, where Patrick Leahy and his sanctimonious droning faced a joke of a challenge from Fred Tuttle.

It would be surprising if Greene beat DeMint, but Greene doesn't have a job and DeMint will have twelve years of federal pension money. At most, hopefully Greene will get a job after this affair is done. He's a veteran like me and a little younger than I am, so I hope his fortunes improve. As for the obscenity charge, you're on your own.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to read this link before believing what Ms. Schlussel has to say about anything.


http://rightwingnews.com/2010/06/the-debbie-schlussel-experience-part-2-the-fixation/

6/16/2010 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

Thank you, though the link may be more apt with the post before this one.

6/20/2010 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

Oops. I checked the date of the post. Pretty insightful that you reached me back when it all began.

6/21/2010 05:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments