The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Sunday, April 29, 2007

Slight update for now.

My time has been going great. I have purchased a new laptop for my upcoming deployment, so my computer troubles are less. I also spent Friday with the beautiful, witty, and highly intelligent Irina the armed.

My plan is to teach history and Ft Hamilton is an excellent place for a field trip. The scenery was also beautiful and I am also glad that I showed a very good friend a fun time.

That night I went to a party at RT's and stayed until midnight. Then I went back to David's and got up to go to shul with his dad. I hope we start Saturday services at Ft Hood, though there are not enough men for a minyan. However, one may be able to tell I was not raised Jewish as I actually like gefilte fish, which I enjoyed at kiddush after the service, plus I was mistaken for David as well as his brother-in-law (highly amusing as he has no sister) :)

Afterwards I had lunch with David and boarded the LIRR to RT's place where I am now. Today was spent in the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens where I saw lovely cherry blossoms, as well as folk dances, and a samurai show with dancing and katana waving. For dinner I went to this wonderful Yemeni restaurant on the Upper West Side, and highly recommend it, especially for anyone not used to Sephardic or Yemeni cuisine....I always encourage diversity, plus it's kosher.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

What is it called? What street is on? Sounds pretty good!

5/02/2007 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

The place is named Ali Baba. It's on 515 Amsterdam between 84th and 85th St. It is a cozy restaurant with one table, which has a European feel and you can strike up a conversation with a complete stranger. RT and I met someone from Israel and from Chicago before that, as well as a couple from Montreal.

5/02/2007 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments