The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Monday, April 23, 2007

Well, to start my trip has been excellent, despite soem problems with my computer as it has been having this tendency to click back without me wanting it to.

So far, I have been enjoying myself immensely as I spent Friday with the most beautiful woman in the Western Hemisphere and enjoyed the campus of Fordham. I also used Baleboosteh's mandelbrot recipe for Shabbat dinner with another friend's family.

Saturday I went to shul with friend's father and was calledup to aaliyah, but I'm not Jewish yet, so no Torah reading....yet!! Still I felt very honored and it was my first Saturday service.

On Sunday I visited my aunt and spent the evening with another beautiful lady and enjoyed a kosher sushi place in the Upper West Side as well as a grocery store that can compete with suburban prices.

Monday I enjoyed the sights of Boro Park, Brooklyn as well as venturing into Long Island City and Park Slope.

Due to the fickle nature of my computer here, pictures will wait until I return to the black pit of Killeeen, but I will add pics and commentary.

Also, for the JIBs, I have voted for and fully endorse the following bloggers:

Irina:

Best Right Wing Political Blog
Best Student/Student Life Blog

I'd also addmost beautiful and ideal to spend a day with, but no such category exists.

Mr. Bagel

Best New Blog
Best Designed Blog
Best of the Rest
Best Overall Blog

Baleboosteh

Best Photo/Graphics Blog
Best Personal Blog

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

glad you're having a good time in NY :)

4/23/2007 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Hi Thomas,
thanks for the link and the votes too!

Lucky I'm in the southern hemisphere, we couldn't have two women of such beauty in the same hemisphere now could we! Lol!! :P

Aaron tells me the Mandelbrot was a hit - glad to hear, it is a good recipe.

Have a great time in NY! :D

4/24/2007 04:53:00 AM  
Blogger AS said...

Looking forward to those pics.

4/24/2007 06:37:00 AM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Aww! Thanks for all the links... and the compliments! As they say, flattery will get you everywhere! ; ) (j/k)

Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures... shame about y our computer, but I'm glad you're having a good time.

4/24/2007 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Red Tulips said...

I am glad we got to meet up! It's been fun!

4/24/2007 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

Irina> Now I must find ways to tell you how beautiful you are in Russian :)

Baleboosteh> The mandelbrot has been great and you have your own hemisphere, too :)

JB> Pictures will be forthcoming.

Red Tulips> I always enjoy visiting you. It will get even more fun, next week :)

4/24/2007 08:07:00 PM  
Blogger Lion of Zion said...

what sights did you see in boro park (my wife's hometown)

4/29/2007 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

Ari> I didn't see any specifics, but I liked the atmosphere and I saw a few yeshivas. I am curious to know which Chasidic sects I saw, but I guess that identifying Chasidic sects by clothing is a more advanced part of my Jewish learning, but probably easy for a military guy to understand :)

4/29/2007 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Lion of Zion said...

to a civilian like myself they all look the same. i prefer to disinguish between them by the food they eat and the different tunes they use on shabbat. it is a lot more fun!

4/29/2007 10:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments