The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Thursday, May 03, 2007

Last post from New York City

Before I return to the black hole of Texas, I will make one final post from my future home, New York City. This was a great trip, and I vastly enjoyed meeting old friends and new ones. I will be getting ready to start my journey to Newark International, courtesy of LIRR and NJ Transit and my good friend who hosted me.

I felt alive in my trip and immensely enjoyed my time, but I also need to feel more alive in central TX, which is tougher, but doable. I need to look at how I live my life, and make preparations for my future. For now, I will continue with my reading and test out the wireless on my new laptop. If I can get a decent wireless signal from my room, then I can cancel my cable and internet and save 88 bucks a month, which I would do in a few months when I deploy anyway. When I return I will be getting ready to deploy, and will then have 15 months in the Middle East. Maybe I should start a pool on when they tell us that we are going to Iraq :)

For now, I leave you and my next post will be from Ft Hood with pictures and a better synopsis this weekend. Shalom.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara with NO H said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!

5/03/2007 10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments