The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Happy Purim

Chag Sameach!!!

Today was a great day and great for a fun purim in Austin. The day started at 11:30 when we all boarded a bus for the Dell JCC in Austin. Upon arriving, we enjoyed the festivities and a few of us went to the kosher deli at the grocery store near the JCC...unfortunately I didn't, but I will at another time.

After enjoying the festivities I went to the Megillah reading at UT Austin's Hillel Center, and while I had trouble keeping up with the Hebrew, I followed along with the graggers in attacking Haman's name. I also now have a gragger and a black yarmulke to go with my desert camoflauge yarmulke.

The event was a great deal of fun and contained an improtant message considering events in the world today. My dear friend, Red Tulips of Culture for All sends me a great link about a modern day Haman in modern day Persia.

Also, for great fun is the Purim Podcast.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Belated Chag Sameach! You should take a picture of yourself in the khaki kippah - I've never seen one of those!

3/06/2007 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

I definitely will. Expect it sometime this weekend :) it does match my beige fedora which you'll see in person when I'm up in nYC next month.

3/07/2007 08:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments