The Bow-Tied Blogger

The life and adventures of one soldier and his various journeys.

  Saturday, March 10, 2007

Needs of the Army.

My plans for Pesach will have to wait until next year, as my unit is sending me to Warrior Leadership School on the 22nd of March until April and I will wind up missing Pesach. I guess that is life and some days you don't get what you want. To put it mildly I am not endeared to my unit. If anything I am not too happy at Ft Hood, or with my job. I also dislike their promotion of camaraderie and other crap. I feel more like a Finance mercenary than some bonded soldier. I do my job, but I don't want to have much to do with my coworkers off duty. I live and work with them, and that's about it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

What's Warrior leadership school? And why is the promotion of camaraderie misfunctioning?

3/11/2007 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Thomas Forsyth said...

Warrior Leadership school is the first NCO Academy for junior enlisted. It is where I am trained to be a Sergeant, though as a Finance soldier promotion is nigh impossible. I just wish I would have gone after my leave.

To me, a lot of the comraderie is immature. I don't like being too chummy with an NCO that may have to crack down on me later, though I avoid doing the wrong thing.

I also know that I'm going to be going someplace dangerous and I don't wish to get too close to anyone who may die shortly.

3/11/2007 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright 2007 Thomas forsyth. I welcome comments